The PrairieCare Child & Family Fund supports the promotion of child and family health and wellness through the provision of grants for education, health promotion, mental health services, and research. We do this through strong community partnerships, health services innovation and compassion for helping to make our communities a happier and healthier place for all to thrive!
These transformative initiatives are pioneered through partnerships with local agencies and funded by gifts from donors. The PrairieCare Child & Family Fund was created by the founders of PrairieCare designed to be a resource for the entire community. In the meantime, PrairieCare and the PrairieCare Institute have developed many transformative models that have already begun to improve the overall health and well being of our communities. The PrairieCare Child & Family fund will continue to support similar initiatives throughout our community:
- Integrated Health and Wellness Services - bringing specialized behavioral health teams to the primary care and school settings to help with early identification and improved treatment of health conditions. Click here for the article published in Minnesota Physician.
- Statewide access to psychiatric consultation for primary are and health professionals - the Psychiatric Assistance Line (PAL) creates free and immediate access to behavioral health triage and assistance to health professionals in the treatment and referrals for mental health conditions. Click here to learn more about PAL.
- Creating access to full continuum of psychiatric health care - PrairieCare and PrairieCare Medical Group have launched services and programs in 8 location, include integrated programs in primary care and school settings. PrairieCare now offers the state's most robust psychiatric services and employs the largest group of child and adolescent psychiatrists in the upper midwest. Click here to learn more about PrairieCare.
- Research and Development of mental health services - Each year PrairieCare has conducted outcomes measures and engaged in grant-funded research to further understand and improve the effectiveness of mental health care.
- Telehealth Services - PrairieCare Online was developed in 2015 as a way for clinicians and patients to connect via a secure and convenient fashion online! This new web platform was designed by PrairieCare to create a familiar and user-friendly interface to improve access to care. Click here to learn about PrairieCare Online.